Monday, October 31, 2011

Financial Woes and the Agility Fool

It's been a tough year financially.  I definitely overdid the spending last year with all the new equipment and the new car. I've maxed out my credit cards, have no savings left and had to stop going to classes which is the worst of it all.  I was successful in refinancing my house to a lower interest rate and I've picked up a part time job for 14 hours a week. The downside to the job is eight of those hours are on Sunday so there will be no more full weekend trials.

Koby and I did manage to get in one more full trial this summer (damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!!).  We entered the CPE EMAC trial up in Skowhegan, Maine which was absolutely fabulous!! This club puts on great trials and I love the members!
At this trial we received our Level 1 Title and got a Q and 1st place in the first Level 2 Standard run of our career (please don't ask how the second Level 2 Standard run went on Sunday LOL!!). We also got a Q and 1st place in L-2 Jumpers so after a whole summer off I was very pleased to say the least!

I've learned some tough lessons this year about how I manage money (or don't manage it actually) and I'm paying for it. But they are valuable lessons and I do believe that from here on in I will be strong financially. It will take some time to build up an acceptable budget-one which will not only get ends met each month but allow me to go back to what I love most-AGILITY (fool)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment